Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Everyone else is doing it, so why shouldn't I?

Thats not the only reason.  I have wanted to start my own blog for a long time.  Why? Well because I tend to blog my life in my head anyway.   I have been doing this in fact since I was very young, long before the word blog meant what it does today.   Back when the word may have conjured up images of digestive remains or a type of mucus ball.  Maybe that's the mother in me though, every thing is one or the other with young children.  

I also suck at journaling,  which I always wished I was able to do.  Someday, perhaps I will reflect on this blog, maybe I can share bits with my children as they grow up.  Perhaps I will use it for nostalgic reasons, to resurrect memories that might otherwise be lost in the infinite moments of life.  Even if I am the only person to ever see these words, I will certainly be grateful for that.  With my children, there are far too many wonderful moments of life I don't want to lose amongst the mundane chores of bill paying and picking bits of food from places I would have sworn it was absolutely impossible for food to be.  

I have two beautiful children, little girls.  My dream.  Di is about 20 months old, and JJ is 7 weeks old.  I plan to write about my experience with my pregnancies and births with each of them, again, mostly for myself, and for them.  I plan to use a graphic version to scare away potential boyfriends and embarrass them at cheerleading sleepovers.  But mostly, so I remember how amazing every moment of pregnancy, birth and raising my babies was, is, and will be.  

1 comment: